Tuesday 29 June 2010

Logo design for our choir: Maxwell's Silver Hummers


This was designed on the slow, slow train to Retroland. Stopping at all stations.

Our leader is Maxwell Steer, Wiltshire's very own musical D'Artagnan. I don't like the song much but Jane Allan has thankfully (and cleverly) changed the irritating lyrics to explain the genesis of the choir. We do it as an encore – well, er, we do it as the last number in a set that has Abba, Leonard Cohen, Flanders and Swan and early Beatles among others as blissfully unaware grist to our vocal mill.

I stand among the harmonisers and feel inadequate and privileged at the same time. I'm hoping we can start to do a bit of doo-wop and have sent off for the music for Donald Fagen's version of Ruby Baby.

11 comments:

  1. Excellent post, thanks for collating the information. I have been searching google and yahoo for information related to this and it led me to your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Johnny; I especially love the apostrophe.

    XX P

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, do you guys travel? We've just landed a residency at a pub in Hammersmith and are looking for friends to do a set of around 45 mins. First Friday of the month at The Hart, King Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been seeking on the internet just for a high quality read in regard to this unique subject matter . Exploring in Yahoo I finally observed this fabulous site. After reading this So i am thrilled to state that I get a fine impression I came across the very things I wanted. I will ensure to don’t forget this website and look constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much. I was drawn to the new Dynamic View for a mo...Lost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.zwangerschapsmassage utrecht

    ReplyDelete